Purpose of collecting your personal data
Your personal data may be collected, used and otherwise processed by the Company for the following purposes:
- To perform any activities in relation to or in connection with our duties and responsibilities as a third-party administrator or service provider;
- For data transfer and sharing to third parties that may or may not be members or affiliates of Asia Assistance such as authorised service providers as well agents or other parties under a duty of confidentiality to Asia Assistance or as required by law and regulations including those located outside of Malaysia;
- To help you locate any hospital or clinic in your nearby vicinity in time of emergency and use other services available the website;
- To manage and service the Company’s relationship with you and provide you with better service including to contact you to better understand your queries or request;
- To design and provide you with future services or products;
- To conduct any form of statistical analysis, surveys or business research; or
- To improve our corporate website technical administration.
Sharing and disclosure
- Our affiliates or related companies, representatives, clients, service providers, vendors and/or business partners located in or outside of Malaysia;
- To third parties for the purpose of statistical purposes to understand trends or traffic patterns. In doing so, we shall not include any personal data that identifies individuals;
- Any person or service provider which we have engaged who are under a duty of confidentiality to keep your personal data confidential;
- Professionals working on behalf of the Company e.g. auditors, accountant or financial adviser, lawyers and/or other third parties as required or permitted by law or as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- Data centres, servers and/or cloud storage located within or outside of Malaysia for data storage purposes; or
- Government agencies, law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, statutory agencies or bodies if required to do so, to satisfy any applicable law or order of a court or attending queries from the relevant authorities.
Retention of your personal data
Your personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues. We shall destroy your personal data from our records and system in accordance with our data retention policy when your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless a longer retention period is necessary to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement appropriate physical, administrative, electronic, technical and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal data as required by applicable law.
Our data centre is both physically and electronically secured. Our servers are protected from open access to the internet by using firewall and we conduct penetration test. We limit access to personal data to our employees and third parties including our service providers and/or vendors, who we reasonably believe need to have access to your personal data.
Internet Protocol Address
We may also log and track internet protocol (“IP”) address for systems administration purposes and for reporting usage trends. Your IP address is usually associated with the physical place from which you enter the internet, the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the browser software you use and your operating system, and the date and time you access this website.
We may collect your geographic location based on your IP address and other location-based data.
Data privacy queries or complaint
If you have any questions about the use of your personal data or you wish to update, correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data by the Company of to file a complaint regarding your data privacy rights, you may contact the Company through:
Data Protection Officer
Asia Assistance Network (M) Sdn Bhd
AA One, Block N, Jaya One 72A
Jalan Prof Diraja Ungku Aziz,
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Please state Data Protection Enquiry as the subject matter.
Tel: 03- 7628 3888